View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
It did him no favours in the context of these futile debates, but can we agree that the comment was accurate, that those style of festivals are cash grab oldies **** designed for casual fans, the same fans that are attending the current Mac tour.
Of course that’s what they’re intended for. That’s what any festival is for. As for this tour, it’s no more a cash grab than if there hadn’t been a lineup change. Arguably, it’s less of a cash grab, since new lineups are risky.

Quote:
Moreover, the Classic East/West shows were ripoffs of the dessert shows that were played by bigger bands, much bigger bands the previous year.
Obviously. It was Irving’s attempt to put his roster on the same footing. Futile attempt, regardless.

Quote:
Lindsey and Chris towed the company line by playing them in the first place, they were in the middle of promoting their album; can you not understand Lindsey's viewpoint.
I never didn’t understand his viewpoint. I’ve never said I disagree with what he said (and I don’t). But, it’s bad politics to have gone there.

THE Stephen Hopkins