View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
You never heard of Gary Louris? All joking aside, you should check him out. He's a mega-talent songwriter, guitarist, producer who is the main guy in The Jayhawks. The Jayhawks had two several albums that were collaborations between him and Mark Olson with Gary the rock guy and Mark the folk guy. Gary Louris is very similar to Lindsey. Mark left the band in the 90's and Gary became the leader of the band and they've gone on to release four great Fleetwood Mac-like albums in Rainy Day Music, Smile, Sounds of Lies, and Paging Mr. Proust. All four are highly, highly recommended. They have another new one coming out next month (Back Roads and Abandoned Motels). Start with Rainy Day Music which is a near-perfect album similar to Rumours and then go to Sound of Lies (which is their Tusk) and then the rest. Enjoy!
Love the Jayhawks I still think Hollywood Town Hall and Tomorrow the Green Grass are their best.I don't really get the Fleetwood Mac vibe all that much though. For sure Gram Parsons tho..maybe that is why I like them so much.