View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i still don't get what he was trying to say. he was talking against name calling, and then made up yet another name to call people - something-or-other freaks. i don't understand how making up another name for people one doesn't agree with is trying to calm waters.

but i'll gladly listen. and i'm still waiting to hear where that "freak"-name calling came from.

maybe i'm just dense but equating the name that was used (whatever you feeling may be on it!) with the one made up on spot? that makes no sense.
There had been quite a few derogatory terms used for Stevie fans lately, and generally people weren't reacting to it, which is great. But does that make it ok? I think bwboy was just trying to demonstrate - how would others feel if derogatory terms were used for Lindsey fans? What kind if reaction does that cause on the board, and how about we all try not to do it so much.

That was my understanding, but maybe I'm not able to explain it well enough, and possibly he'll be able to explain it better than I can.