View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, I am bumping this because I want some info. I found this article from 2005 that said:

"She just completed a magical co-headlining tour with the Eagles' Don Henley, she kicks off a solo U.S. outing with rising star Vanessa Carlton in Grand Rapids on Friday, and she'll pursue a movie project later this year based on an acclaimed series of fantasy stories featuring the character Rhiannon from Welsh mythology."

and then...

"Nicks won't quit either, juggling solo and full-band projects with her dream of turning author Evangeline Walton's fantasy tetralogy into a movie, with new music that might involve her musician pals.

The twirling, gypsy-like mystic with a penchant for wearing flowing dresses on stage said she feels a spiritual connection to the "amazing stories" of the mythical gods and goddesses.

"There's a very practical side of me, but there is definitely my 'Rhiannon' side, my performing/writing side, that spiritual path that I think I'm on right now," she said of the movie project."

And another article from 2008...

She is currently working on writing the story for the production of a movie based on the hit Fleetwood Mac single of 1976, "Rhiannon."

"I have been working on this for quite some time," said Nicks. "It's really been a work in progress for 30 years. This is it, though. As soon as this tour is finished, I'm off to a secluded place in Europe (she didn't disclose where) to finish the writing, and do some tweaking on the finished product. After that, we are meeting with people like HBO or Showtime to hopefully do a mini-series type of movie. It is such a wonderful story, and there is so much more to be told about Rhiannon."

And in 2009...

"I want to make the Rhiannon movie! I don't want to be in it, I just want to make it. And it is going to be like two or three movies and it is going to take all my time and I want to do this, I've been wanting to do this since 1978 so it's been on the backburner for a long time!!"

It sounds like Stevie has spent some time actually working on this movie in the past 6 years, but nothing ever seems to come of this. Is she just blowing smoke up our ass or does anyone have any details as to why this keeps falling thru?