Thread: Thank You
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm
There have been rumors that Mick and Peter may get back together, much like Cream did last year, obviously it wouldn't be like the old days, but it would be Bluesey/Jazzy....not pop based.

The Blues based rock music made many of us seek out the roots..IE the black blues musicians from way back 1900's on up through the 50's, 60's, etc. Hendrix was truely the rare link, as he played on the "Chitlin" circuit, came to england, and created his own style. Clapton, Green, mayall, and many others fell in love with that stuff...and the rest is history. This of course is just my humble opinion.
Funny you mentioned the Cream reunion. As I had some money left to spend from selling my piano, this afternoon I bought the 3DVD of Rory Gallaghers 5 shows at Rockpalast, a German tv registration:
http://www.rockpalast.de/rockpalast-...llection.phtml

Looking around at other DVD's I happend to see the 2DVD of that Cream-reunion, and of course bought that too, MARVELOUS!!!
Thirdly I bought a DVD of a couple of critics discussing the albums and personell of FREE, my second favorite band (after Peter Greens FM).

Anyway, I had a great evening with my DVDs (haven't seen all of Rory yet, though).