Thread: Well, well
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
Ahhhhhh, it's all about "Forgiveness" for me on ITM! I love a lot of songs from that album, but "Forgiveness" is on a whole other level. Just the way the end contrasts with the rest of the song, it's so beautiful.

This isn't to say that I abhorred SYW; in fact, there were a lot of special moments on that album for me. Oddly enough (and I may get stoned here in the Chris forum admitting it), most of the songs that grabbed me were Lindsey's (ducking for cover!) In fact, "Red Rover" is probably my favourite on the whole album.

But yes, it felt like two solo records slapped into one. It was a long album, and even still, I didn't come away feeling sated. There was this hollow place in the middle of it all, the place where Chris should have been.

I think what makes me sad about SYW is that it's a "good" album that had the potential to be "great," if only Christine had present. I imagine what she could have brought to Lindsey and Stevie's songs, to say nothing of what they might have done with hers, and it upsets me a bit.

But moving on. . .I'll never give up hope that we'll hear her on a Mac album once again. 2014? My fingers and toes are crossed!
That would be so amazing to have 2 Christine tunes, 2 Stevie, 2 Lindsey on the next EP.