View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
More concerts that run deeper than the Greatest Hits Show I've already seen--where every interaction is rehearsed to a T (except a few funny moments during the bows when John would do something random--like bringing a hand fan on stage for Chris or wearing a witch hat on Halloween). (Sorry everyone who loves the Sara hug, but...if they play Sara, they're going to hug. I get it) (at $700 a ticket, no less!). If this is a distraction, consider me distracted!
I get what you're saying in some respects. I was at the Classic East show. Earth Wind and Fire were great but they were best when doing the hits, the songs I knew note for note. Same with Journey. When going to an arena or stadium to see a big band, most people expect to hear "the hits". Citifield holds I don't know 30,000, out of that amount how many people were there to hear Caroline....Wish you Were Here....etc etc? Most are fans of the band and want to hear "the hits". I am a die hard fan for 40 years (wow did I just say that) and yes I would love to hear What Makes You Think You're The One, When I see You Again, Never Forget or any number of non-hits but I know it isn't gonna happen. You cannot blame them at this point for doing a show filled with songs that are ingrained in pop culture. I'm just happy they have all made it to this stage. Lets face it they went through many rough years in respect to how they treated their bodies with different vices. Stevie at one point could have been the Amy Winehouse of the 80's but she survived. So for me I will take "the hits" with a nugget thrown in here and there. I want the casual fan to walk away from seeing my band saying wow that was great instead of I didn't know any of the songs.