View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...717-story.html

This is perhaps the clincher:

But the true bummer was how unengaged the members were in the music — how little pleasure (or pain) they seemed to be taking in the job at hand. There was no humor or charm, nor any evidence of the group’s mythically complicated chemistry; song after song in the two-hour set simply rolled by as though they were marking items off a grocery list.

and

. In their excellent performance on Saturday, the Eagles showed that it’s possible to refresh a vintage sound while maintaining a cherished legacy.

Twenty-four hours later, the members of Fleetwood Mac made me feel like a sucker for caring about theirs.

Well, I wasn't there but the videos I've seen don't really show them gelling personally as well as they did on the last tour. I just hope they don't have to suffer the Eagles' recent tragedy to produce something that would please this reviewer more.

You have to wonder if the recent Buckingham-McVie bifurcation whilst the Mac remains a touring concern is having wider effects between them. Sympton or cause, though?
That's the thing: this is a band that was always famous for their chemistry, good or bad, and the drama sorrounding them at all time. To be on the stage like robots who are doing their job sucks, simply because that's not who they are.

And it wasn't only Stevie and Lindsey. Christine didn't look very happy either. I don't know if the BuckVie tour is the cause of this strange behavior on stage, but a cold concert with no emotion whatsoever isn't exactly who they are. And it makes the concert less pleasurable.

And I certainly sympathize with the reporter. It makes you feel like a sucker for caring about their legacy.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 07-17-2017 at 07:13 PM..