View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
oh, many of us very much admit he can be an a**hole, and that he has behaved unacceptably in the past. and wouldn't blame Stevie for never forgetting it. I think he for sure made her life hell for a long, long time. I've been a huge Stevie fan since the 70s.

I think you might have missed the part where many, many of us have continually said, "something is missing from this story" as it has been told so far. The facts don't add up.

However, the credible sources who first told various people who've posted on here that this was coming (and then it came, just as they said it would) have also said that Stevie did in fact issue a "it's me or him" ultimatum. As all their facts have played out accurately so far, it seems reasonable to think they are being truthful about that point too.

So it leaves this gaping hole in our understanding of WTF would have happened to have triggered that kind of ultimatum at THIS point in time, after they have continued working together for 30-40 years after all the abuse and etc.

People are speculating, because it's been told from credible sources that she was the one who forced a choice.
I really think that, while not forgotten, what happened in the 70s and 80s is in a totally different realm from today. Everyone made everyone's life hell back in those days. Lindsey was an asshole, Stevie was a diva, John was a drunk, Mick was a mess, Christine was annoyed at everyone. That's just how it was.
What happened now I whole heartedly believe is a business/scheduling issue that really went south. I don't think anything triggered anything. At this point in their lives I think they just want to make their money in the easiest way possible and Lindsey's wishes for his solo project was just the straw that broke the camel's back.