View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
Yeah I wouldn't say beat to death. I'm still surpirsed that when it was out it was played a little but not much then was more surprised to find out it only made it to number 20. I know they wanted the title track to be the 1st single to show people "this new album is different" but I bet that if TAM was released as a first single then it would've made number one (since that's the sound the public liked/wanted). I guess it would've been misleading to protray a different image to the public of the album but I'm sure WB wouldn't have lost any sleep over it since they'd be getting those Christmas bonuses after all. It's amazing to me that WB didn't step in to say "we want (this) to be the fisrt single" as I doubt Tusk would've been their first choice. Also, let's face it, not EVERY song on an album is a hit anyway ("hit" meaning single release, sales number of those singles etc.) so what's the differece? There's bound to have been albums released by many throughout the years that pushed the commercial sounding songs as the singles then people would get the album home to find the rest of the album is different and so on. Just some thoughs anywyay.

John
Having been around ,already 17 and a huge fan at the time of the release of Tusk.I don't see TAM making it to number one as the first single.TAM followed Tusk and Sara both of which did make the top ten .Although a great song TAM is way more raw than any other of Chris's top 20 FM hits.It even has a bit of a punk feel to it IMHO.Consider the case of the far more sleek and polished Little Lies which also followed a Lindsey single and then Seven Wonders which only made it to numer 19.Little Lies sailed up the charts to number 4 becomng the album's biggest US. hit and tied Hold Me for the third highest charting FM single.