View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I think she would be a shoo-in for "Best Female Rock Vocal," but I think that category was eliminated some years ago. Otherwise she doesn't stand a chance, especially considering the fact that there is nothing original about this album.
I totally agree with Hejira's opinion that Stevie definitely should be submitted for the 'Best Female Rock Vocal' category, has it really been eliminated? Last time Stevie was nominated in that category, for 'Planets Of The Universe' from TISL, Lucinda Williams won. I still don't know why.
Also, don't The Grammy's still award a best long-form music video Grammy? Definitely submit the Soundstage video for that one, I think she'd win! (Unless, of course, that category is now obsolete, I'm not sure!) Her 'Red Rocks' video got a Grammy nomination back in the 80s, and Soundstage is sooo much better! Maybe it's not too late for them to apply for nominations in these 2 additional categories. I think we're all thinking of 'Crash' for best female rock vocal, but really, 'Fall From Grace' from the cd or any track could also be submitted. I think she improved upon 'Fall From Grace' over her TISL performance, but also loved 'Crash'-- I just think maybe FFG would have a better chance of winning and it's self-penned, which seems like the right choice for any individual performance nomination she may seek.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 10-08-2009 at 12:15 PM..