View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You know WAY more about Steely Dan than I've ever wanted to know. I only know it's not "a man"!

Henley and Frey didn't get more UNTIL they reunited, correct? There's a fairly large segment in History(do you have it?) about it. And to be fair, Felder was the last full member(according to his book). Every member had an equal share, up until Felder joined. After that, greed set in, I guess. Timothy and Joe were never full share members.

Soooooo, after Bernie and Randy quit, the three "owners" were Don, Glenn, and Don. On paper, Felder deserved his 1/3 share of everything, including merch and what not. I'm sure if he had a time machine he'd back up and not be such a dick about it, but he was always demanding(rightfully so) to see the books, and make sure he was getting his cut.

It would suck to have your cut taken away, but at the same time, be happy and accept the millions you're still going to walk away with. I think they should have given him one last chance. "Buddy, this is IT. If you can't let it go, you're gone".

Supposedly before Christine came back, the SYW split was:
$tevie 40%
Lindsey 30%
John 15%
Dick 15%
I'm sure $tevie probably still makes more, but how would they split it now? $tevie 30%
Lindsey and Chris 20%
John and Dick 15%
Just a guess on the current split...
That's my understanding. They split up in 1980 when everything was still split evenly 5 ways. During the Hell Freezes over era, Irving pushed and got this new equation. He had the Fleetwood Mac example to use with the Eagles.

I actually don't know very much about Steely Dan. I never owned any of their music but some of it is pretty good IMHO. What I wrote here was from an interview with Henley. I would never had known the bass player's name to save my life. Although Christine really dug Steely Dan. There is a story of hers when she lived in the Hollywood Hills in the mid 70s where she said she had outside parties at the pool and their amplifier cranked the Steely Dan album "Aja" all down through the valley. She said she wore the album out. I would have loved to have been her neighbor. I bet she had the best parties ever. I also bet she had the best Hi-Fi stereo money could buy

BTW, I bet even without Lindsey, her rate probably went up to 45% at least She is filling more than 50% of those seats sadly

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-19-2020 at 05:42 PM..