View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 05:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryderi View Post
Does anyone think that "Think About Me" would have been a better choice as a first single? "Tusk" single did hit the top 10. Yet "Think about Me" sounded more like what people were expecting.
No doubt about it, Think About Me would have done even better on the charts than the title track did had it come first. But if Lindsey had any pull with Warner in deciding on singles, I'll bet he wouldn't have wanted the first single to sound like "what people were expecting," since that was pretty much the whole point of doing the Tusk album.

He may also have thought Think About Me didn't seem representative of the album as a whole, and didn't want a ton of disappointed fans who bought the album thinking it would be as poppy as Rumours. (Although in reality, there are about as many catchy pop-rock songs on Tusk as there are quirky experiments: Think About Me, Sara, Over & Over, Save Me a Place, Sisters of the Moon, Walk a Thin Line, Angel, Honey Hi, and Never Forget are all fairly mainstream in their own way.)