View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I Miss Bob Welch

I was just thinking about Bob and realized it's been just over 10 years since his passing. It still hurts to think about how he passed and the reasons why it happened. I wish he had been able to live a longer life, free from the pain that took him from this world.

He truly seemed like a good, down-to-earth person who didn't know or comprehend just how big of an impact he made in the lives of so many. So many of us who are fans of Fleetwood Mac are in debt to him because he was the one who fought so hard not only to ensure the band kept its name and identity but also fought to bring the band to the States which ended up being the difference in continuing. It's still an outrage that he wasn't and still hasn't been recognized by the R&RHoF for his importance to the legacy of Fleetwood Mac but many of us on here know how important Bob Welch was and is to the band after his tenure.

He mattered and still matters. His music still matters. Hopefully wherever he's at, he's in a place where he's able to know how much he's still loved and missed.