View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
But when he was rocking, as he did on "Tusk" and "Go Your Own Way," he risked starting a riot.
About half the crowd stood up and danced during this song. The other half sat in their seats. The two men in front of me looked bored out of their minds. If that’s a riot then I’ll be damned! The crowd should have started a riot (with the great performance and Lindsey’s energy) but that wasn’t happening. Honestly, I was embarrassed for Lindsey! He deserves a better crowd reception.

There were a few whistles and howls, but nothing that I thought was obnoxious. In fact, I was happy for these moments, because it showed that some of us in the crowd were actually alive and awake for the performance! People clapped and cheered during Lindsey’s guitar solos as most of us would do, and shouted requests in between songs. I don’t recall anyone shouting requests in the middle of a different song.

I don’t think the request for “Hypnotized” was out of line, as Lindsey has performed the song in the past at Fleetwood Mac shows, but I think it probably would have been more appropriate at a Mac show.

I’m happy that I got to see Lindsey perform solo, but the sh*tty Milwaukee crowd will always (in my mind) cast a negative light on the show. I hope the crowd at the rest of Lindsey's shows are much better!