View Single Post
Old 02-07-2003, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Please don't hate me...

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
Its just like, man, this sinking sad feeling. This tour will NOT be the same as the Dance tour was to me...and it will be sad almost each night.
I must be in the teensy-weensy minority of the audience for the reunion tour that didn't really register the hugging & kissing onstage as anything more than just friendship & show. I watched em closely many a time back when they were not friends, on all those old tours, & I think my permanent impression was really cemented at that point---she in her own little world & he being bandleader & musical director & getting into it the most during the jams with the rhythm section (that's when his face truly lit up). There was very little interaction between those two, typically, probably because Stevie couldn't see very well & was always trying to focus so intently on her fans in the front rows & Lindsey often seemed embarrassed about positioning himself too close to the flapping chiffon wings.

With "The Dance," the whole Barbara Cartland thing with the fans just seems so amusingly foreign.