View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
But, where was Jeremy? Where was Danny?
Jeremy seems like the type who was happy doing what he was doing, and really wasn't in the least bit interested in being a popular musician. Jeremy has always stayed in contact with Mick. If Jeremy had asked Mick for help, I wouldn't doubt for a second that Mick would've gone out of his way to help Jeremy out.

And poor Danny. Mick and Jenny, at least according to the book, did try and reach out to Danny, but he freaked out. Remember, Peter and Danny both have (yes, HAVE) serious mental illness. There are pressures in the music industry that I don't think either have the ability to deal with. Peter obviously is not as mentally ill, and is able to cope, but it took nearly twenty years for him to get to that point. I'm not convinced Danny will ever get to that point. I just hope Danny will ultimately find a little peace in his life.

Of the lot, I think Bob Welch was really the only major former member who was capable of dealing with the pressures of the industry. And, even then, he only lasted for five or six years as a solo artist before going into semi-retirement.

As far as Weston goes, I was under the impression that by the time he was "forgiven," Mick was no longer managing Fleetwood Mac or Bob Welch. I could be wrong on that, though.

THE Stephen Hopkins