View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A little bit inside Storms

excerpt from Storms: My Life With Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac by Carol Ann Harris, 2007:

starting at page 105, as Carol Ann Harris finds Lindsey beginning to have a grand mal seizure in front of her-

"Before I could speak again, before I could touch him, he fell to the floor and started to convulse. He kicked and thrashed, his eyes beseeching me for help, and I didn't know what to do. I threw myself onto the floor next to him and tried to hold his shaking body still, but he seemed as strong as ten men and I was thrown backward, hitting my head on the edge of the coffee table. . . .

Richard! Help us, Richard! Richard, help! Lindsey's dying! Richard, help me!

. . .

After what seemed in eternity I heard a voice say "Front desk," and I yelled shrilly into the receiver, "Get an ambulance for room 7322! Lindsey Buckingham needs paramedics and an ambulance! Now!" [Philadelphia didn't have 911 yet]

. . . "Carol, what's happening? What's wrong with Lindsey?"

I looked up to see Richard standing shirtless in the doorway, staring in horror at Lindsey twisting and turning on the floor. "My God! Lindsey! Carol, I heard your voice. I thought I was dreaming, but when I woke up I could still hear you screaming! What's happening to him, Carol? What's wrong with him?"

. . . I don't know what's wrong. He's had flashes and I thought it was just another one and then he fell, and he started shaking and I can't make him stop, Richard. He won't stop- and I think he might die and I need help . . . .

"Is he going to be okay? Are you taking him to the hospital now?"

"Ma'am, we've been told that a doctor has been called. We want to take him to the hospital- it's just across the street- but Mr. Fleetwood says to wait for the doctor, so that's what we are doing."

Looking at Richard for help I started to plead. "Richard. Tell them he has to go to the hospital- you saw how horrible it was! Richard, tell them!" Richard looked about to speak but then shook his head and stared at the floor. His face was almost as white as Lindsey's and I knew that he, too, couldn't believe that the band and the powers that be were putting the show first over Lindsey's ghastly attack.

Without meeting my eyes Mick told methat it was best to wait for the doctor. Talking to me like I was a child, he said that the show was huge and it was too late to cancel it. And anyway, maybe Lindsey would be "fine" when he woke up. He wanted to ask Lindsey if he thought he could play after his "little attack."
----------