View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Sorry, "Tommy" is the ultimate concept album. It's one of the only concept albums that is able to sustain greatness on every single track, from beginning to end. "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" has some seriously terrible clunkers.
You've obviously never heard a terrible clunker. Someone needs to burn you copies of Paul McCartney's "Pipes Of Peace" and "Back To The Egg" Aerosmith's "Rock In A Hard Place" and bloody hell! There's even a couple by Genesis, "Calling All Stations" and "Wind And Wuthering." Hearing those will show you what a truly terrible clunker really is!

Where are they? Looking over the Lamb tracklist I really can't find any. Disc one is sheer perfection the whole way through. On an entire run-through disc two can drag a little in places but nothing on it constitutes terrible clunkenness. Even noise jams like "The Waiting Room" turn into something cool after a while. When "The Light Dies Down On Broadway" kicks in doesn't it make it worth the wait anyways? Does for me. That's the most perfect reprise ever. []

As far as Tommy, I have the whole thing live from the Deluxe Live At Leeds edition and I can't say it sustains my attention. The first 3 and last 3 songs of Quadrophenia are just fawking brilliant and I play them often. Besides 5:15 and maybe a couple other ones I can't say I like a whole lot of that one either.

Did somebody say something about "Ob La Di Ob La Da" making the White Album a little sucky? Bah humbug!!!!!

Oh yeah...where's "Metal Machine Music?"