Old 10-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac - 2014-10-02 - United Center, Chicago, Il. [24-bit]

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=507144

Fleetwood Mac
United Center
Chicago, Illinois
October 2, 2014

Source: Church Audio CA-11 cards => UGLY pre-amp => Tascam DR-2D (24/44.1)
Transfer: DR-2D => WAV => Magix Audio Cleaning Lab => WAV => FLAC (level 8)

Location: Club level, front row, directly side stage, left side

Contrast clause: A CD-friendly 16-bit version of this source is available here:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=507184

Setlist:

Disc one (75:30):
(1) Band entrance (0:55)
(2) The Chain (5:32)
(3) You Make Loving Fun (4:19)
(4) Dreams (4:35)
(5) Secondhand News (3:38)
(6) Rhiannon (5:32)
(7) Christine McVie banter (0:45)
(8) Everywhere (3:54)
(9) Lindsey Buckingham banter (1:59)
(10) I Know I'm Not Wrong (4:35)
(11) Tusk (4:42)
(12) Sisters of the Moon (4:59)
(13) Say You Love Me (false start) (0:35)
(14) Say You Love Me (4:48)
(15) Seven Wonders (4:41)
(16) Lindsey Buckingham banter (1:10)
(17) Big Love (4:15)
(18) Stevie Nicks banter (0:45)
(19) Landslide (4:34)
(20) Never Going Back Again (5:20)
(21) Christine McVie banter (0:35)
(22) Over My Head (3:12)

Disc two (73:13):
(1) Stevie Nicks banter (1:51)
(2) Gypsy (5:11)
(3) Little Lies (4:11)
(4) Gold Dust Woman (10:57)
(5) I'm So Afraid (9:24)
(6) Go Your Own Way (5:17)
(7) Encore break (3:12)
(8) World Turning (2:57) =>
(9) Drum solo (4:15) =>
(10) World Turning (reprise) (1:47)
(11) Band introductions (3:40)
(12) Don't Stop (4:57)
(13) Silver Springs (5:54)
(14) Encore break (1:57)
(15) Songbird (4:19)
(16) Stevie Nicks outro (1:32)
(17) Mick Fleetwood outro (1:45)

Md5 signature file is included. Sorry, no artwork (feel free to make some)

Comments:

Second date of Fleetwood Mac's fall 2014, featuring the triumphant return of Christine McVie on keyboards and vocals. I went in with fairly low expectations, thinking that the 71-year-old McVie wouldn't make a big difference in the performance after a nearly 20-year layoff -- particularly considering that they would be working out the kinks early in the tour. I was pleasantly surprised -- Mac delivered a solid 2 1/2-hour show that featured solid musicianship and a lot of high points throughout the show. McVie sounded great, and the songs where she sang lead vocals were welcome returns to the setlist (I assume that her signature songs like "Say You Love Me" have been absent from their setlists for the last couple decades, though I haven't been following their career). For me, her songs were the highlight of the show -- she was in great voice, and except for a slight hiccup at the start of "Say You Love Me," her tracks were delivered perfectly.

The only drawback of the show was that the pacing really dragged during the midsection of the show, with Stevie's 10-minute "Gold Dust Woman" that featured a lot of swaying and scarves and a plodding pace, followed by the equally low-energy "I'm So Afraid." I'm generally not one to complain that a show was too long, but they could easily cut down the first song and drop the second one and have a really solid 135-minute set.

One oddity of the show was that Stevie came out to deliver closing remarks after the final song of the second encore -- mostly to proclaim how glad she was that Christine was back in the band -- and then Mick Fleetwood brought his pre-teen daughters out to give an odd soliliquy about peace and love. Neither were bad, necessarily, but an odd, low-key way to end the show.

In terms of recording quality, I was not in a direct line to the speakers, so this could have been better. However, given that I was in the front row of the club section beside the stage, I got reasonably good sound although it is boomier than I would like. The low end is really solid, and with some EQ in Audio Cleaning Lab I was able to cut out some of the arena reverb and emphasize the vocals. Overall I was pretty pleased with the results.

If you're a Fleetwood Mac fan, this may be worth the download because I have no doubt that the setlist and pacing will change as the tour evolves, and some of the songs here will probably be dropped. Overall, very entertaining, and an evening (and $300) well spent.

A CD-friendly 16-bit version will be posted separately.

Feel free to do what you like with this recording (cross-post it anywhere you wish, but don't sell it).

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."