View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Santana's "BMW" was recorded & released in 1969, so that "story" of Carlos asking permission while FMac was recording "Green Manalishi" is bullsh**..
Sorry, "Abraxas" (including "Black Magic Woman") wasn't released until 9/70, four months after Peter Green left Fleetwood Mac. I didn't pull that anecdote from thin air, have you read the Christopher Hjort book on the British Blues movement? That book has been a godsend compiling media publications from the period, and pasting them together into a cohesive story about that great period from '65-'70 with Mayall, Cream, FM, Derek and the Dominoes, and the Stones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Really? Then what do you call "The Supernatural"??? Also, listen to tracks from the Deluxe Edition of A Hard Road...the "quack" was there on tracks like "Greeny", "Rubber Duck" & "Curly"...well, before Fleetwood Mac was formed.
I have the deluxe edition of "A Hard Road", and all the tracks you mention do not have that "tone". First off, "The Supernatural" was done in the fall of '66 as it was part of the original "AHR" album. Peter Green didn't have his pickup problem until at least late winter/early spring '67. You're confusing echo with "out of phase". "Greeny" to my ears is pure bridge tone, as are "Rubber Duck", & especially "Curly". "Curly" sounds like Jeff Beck so that immediately rules out "out of phase".

The second track from "Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac", play it now if you own it ("Merry Go Round")! That's is "THE TONE"! It's thin, and honky, there is no John Mayall song with Peter Green that has that tone.

BTW, why are you defending that blog? The guy was completely clueless. You of all people should've known that, or at least I thought you did. Now I wonder.