View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
You know what...? I don't think an album and then a tour is unrealistic at this point. I really never thought it would happen but I think there is a chance. It sounds like Lindsey's album has been postponed or shelved. Stevie says 'I'm going to Hawaii for a couple of months and then...well I have no plans'.

If Lindsey's album is rolled into a Fleetwood Mac album I'd be annoyed for him. Of course I'd personally prefer a Fleetwood Mac album but I'm annoyed he's pushed for a FM record for nearly 10 years and then just because her majesty might be ready he'd be expected to put the band first.

Mind you, Lindsey's position has changed over the past 20 years. 20-30 years ago he was all for the small machine. Now things are different due to his family. Its not that he wants to make money (he doesn't need it), I think its more the case he likes his family to see him as the big rock star. He's proud of his wife and kids seeing him being in the limelight.

Anyway, I do think a chance for one last album might be back on the table. Stevie's done her solo thing and I think she's genuinely ready for Fleetwood Mac...and I think she could be prepping for the band to go out in a big way.

I think there is a genuine chance of them recording together in May-June-July with a tour starting late 2018. They could return to recording in 2019 at some point.

On balance- is this likely? possibly not...but I certainly don't think its unrealistic.
You know what? If the choice is between a Lindsey solo record and a Fleetwood Mac record, then I want Fleetwood Mac. And I don't think it would take a whole year to record a new Fleetwood Mac album. I mean, didn't Stevie record 16 songs in six weeks in Nashville? If so, surely the Mac can record a dozen new songs in three months from May to the end of July, right?

Lindsey clearly already has at least ten songs in the can. Pretty sure Chris would have leftover material from the latest Fleetwood Mac album, oh sorry, I mean the Buckingham McVie album, of course. That said, I wish Mick and John had the balls to join Chris and Linds on their tour. They played on all ten tracks, for ****'s sake.

What will be the last full length Fleetwood Mac album? It will technically be Say You Will, but in reality it will be Buckingham McVie.