View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know I'm going to express an unpopular opinion here but at this point I actually don't want the "big rock" album from Lindsey, I want something even more lo-fi. I want him to do a Paul Westerberg and release something like Folker - real loose and no frills, recorded in his bedroom/bathroom/whatever stuff.
I know last year he gave us his version of the acoustic album (which in reality wasn't that acoustic at all) but I just want something way simpler from him. I know you guys are probably thinking Tusk, and in a way I am too, but I'd like it to be way more spontaneous than that - which is something he loves to talk about (hilariously enough in rehearsed speeches) but boy can he not do.
I can't imagine we'd ever get the Neil Young approach from him - rehearse it once, record it while it's still fresh, with one take to capture the magic - but I can dream can't I?
The thought of him returning to something super-polished and produced depresses me. The fact that he mentions he listens to Thom Yorke and then goes and guests with the likes of Vanessa Carlton and the dreadful Little Big Town (there I said it, they really, really suck) makes me sad. I really think he's better than that.
Maybe I'm being a complete snob about it, I don't know, he could surprise me. The Mac is dead, Christine has retired, Stevie is a nostagia act: I'm just pinning my hopes on Lindsey shunning the popular vote for the artistic one.

Last edited by trackaghost; 06-15-2007 at 07:03 PM..