View Single Post
Old 09-17-2022, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, I was looking at the page dedicated to the OOTC tour and noticed something curious: The first leg of the OOTC tour ended around the same time Billy quit Fleetwood Mac, maybe within a week of each other in April, 1993.

Now I’m wondering how the Time band was even allowed to exist. Why the label didn’t intervene and why Lindsey didn’t reach out is curious. By that point, Warner’s and Lindsey knew he wasn’t viable as a solo artist and it should have been obvious, especially after the inauguration, that a new version of Fleetwood Mac fronted by people who weren’t on Rumours wasn’t going to be viable.

I don’t get how Lindsey could stand by and watch a brand he helped build get dragged through the mud, unless it was a matter of letting them humiliate themselves so he could be a white savior. Ironically, his bassist left the tour after the first leg, so there was even a perfect opening for some type reunion or offshoot. The whole debacle is as much on Mo Ostin, Lenny Waronker, and Lindsey Buckingham as it’s on Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, IMO.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 09-17-2022 at 12:27 PM..