View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
Maybe I should duck!

It's your opinion, and granted (just needed to make sure). Your favorite songs today ring true with FM doing Tim Hardin's "Hang On To a Dream" at your suggestion for the BBC. Since at that time FM was probably the best commercial cover band around, you could've had a niche' offering non blues/50's songs for performance. You could've played Beatles tunes (aside from the "Twist and Shout" cover), since the Beatles in retrospect gave FM the nod for "Sun King" through "Albatross".

On a side note: I wasn't alive when the likes of Fabian dominated the radio airwaves in the states. The original "Tiger" (Youtube) is a complete joke compared to how you changed it into a true rocker.

I know you and Peter wanted out, but looking back, the fan of that original band wants to slam their head against a brick wall in frustration of what could've been.

Do you deny had Peter Green stayed in FM another six months:

1) FM would've done a four month US tour during the summer of 1970 complete with a double LP live album from the Boston Tea Party?

2) The success of the Boston Tea Party concerts would've elevated the band to the next level?

Who am I fooling, it'll take cash to get JS to answer those questions.