Thread: Is this fair?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Seriously, what was the point of "inviting" him to Maui? To rehearse? Yeah, right! With his two (always two) replacements already there, the only reason I can think for this display of generosity is to tell him he was indeed fired.
The whole point was to embarrass him. That's how fu*king sick Stevie is.
I have a hard time understanding the point, too. Since Finn and Campbell were there, the possible reasons are:

1) They were asking him to literally compete with Finn and Campbell for his job in some kind of "American Idol" guitar-duel type scenario.... both humiliating and ridiculous, as they already know what Lindsey, Campbell, and Finn are capable of. However, I seriously doubt this was what was going to happen, because it would be degrading for all three men. Even if they had no respect for Lindsey, they would not want to put Finn and Campbell through that. I mean, it's patently absurd.

2) They were asking him to come down for a "talk" - after which he could enjoy watching them rehearse with his replacements. I guess I respect the fact that they wanted to tell him to his face that he was fired since apparently they didn't do so before, but I can understand why he wouldn't fly down there for that.

So, they shouldn't brag about inviting him to the rehearsal as if that's terribly magnanimous of them when they dumped him. It's like bragging about how nice you are for inviting your ex to your wedding, then calling him rude when he doesn't attend.

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-05-2018 at 09:27 PM..