View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 11:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That said, not a word about the abbreviated version of “Gypsy” in 2014, but it’s somehow a big deal in 2018? It wasn’t as obvious now as it was then that it was shortened for TV?
I'm not sure what the big deal is? People like the solo and missed it during this performance. No one HAD to acknowledge that it was missing during the 2014 Today Show performance because Lindsey was still in the band and it wasn't a risk that the solo might not be a part of future gigs. Will it be played in future gigs with Neil and Mike? Yeah, probably. But then again, lots of folks acknowledged that in the "Fleetwood Mac on Ellen" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
Yeah, I didn't hear Lindsey's "Lightning strikes, maybe once, maybe twice," but maybe this was a condensed version to fit into the TV time, and Neil will sing it on their tour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Why TF is Mike playing keyboards on Gypsy? They definitely need more keyboard players on stage...

I HATE $tevie'$ singing on the bridge of Gypsy.

I'd guess they dropped the guitar solo at the end, because Lindsey OWNS that f*cking solo. Anyone else playing it is a charlatan and a thief(yes, I realize it was probably dropped for TV time).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I expect that might have to do with television show time constraints on how long the performances could be. We'll see what happens at the iheartradio gig coming up and at the tour shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I watched it. Gypsy actually sounded a lot like it always does, minus Lindsey’s guitar solo and harmonies I thought it was fine. Maybe it was because of TV they cut it but I am thinking it might be permanent. It identifies to closely to him in my opinion. I agree with another poster that Gypsy sounds better on her solo tours