View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just reporting of Mike Campbells Instagram message;
http://www.wjbdradio.com/music-news/...-fleetwood-mac

Mike Campbell says Lindsey Buckingham is "no longer with Fleetwood Mac"

Posted on 4/12/2018 11:19 AM

Fleetwood Mac recently announced that founding Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell will be joining the band for an as-yet-unannounced fall tour and that he, along with Crowded House singer Neil Finn, would be replacing Lindsey Buckingham. While Fleetwood Mac hasn't confirmed whether Buckingham has officially exited the group, a new statement from Campbell suggests that Lindsey has.

"Though I was sad to hear Lindsey Buckingham is no longer with Fleetwood Mac, I am honored and excited to join the band," Campbell writes in a message posted on Petty and the Heartbreakers' Facebook page. "Lindsey is one of my favorite musical artists. A true genius at songwriting and guitar playing. I intend to honor his songs while at the same time bring my musicality to the band."

Mike, whose gig with The Heartbreakers sadly came to an end when Petty died last October, adds, "After one rehearsal [with Fleetwood Mac] I can tell it's going to be an amazing collaboration. I am also very happy to have an opportunity to play with Neil Finn, who I greatly admire. Fleetwood Mac not only has one of the greatest rhythm sections in rock history, it also has two of the finest voices and songwriters in Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie. I am looking forward to the tour with great anticipation."

After the announcement was made about Buckingham not taking part in Fleetwood Mac's upcoming tour, Variety reported that, according to an inside source, Buckingham was fired over a disagreement regarding the trek.

The magazine says the source claimed Buckingham wanted to work on his solo material this year, while the other band members were eager to head out on tour, and when he wouldn't commit to the trek, the group decided to proceed without him.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood