Old 02-07-2021, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
https://retropopmagazine.com/stevie-...vq3dnYnb8rnubw

Stevie Nicks, Christine and John McVie ‘quit Fleetwood Mac’
Retro Pop February 7, 2021
Fleetwood MacPress

Fleetwood Mac rose to become one of the biggest bands of all time in the mid-’70s with mega-hits like Dreams, Go Your Own Way, Little Lies and Rhiannon…

But in an interview with BBC Radio 2, singer and pianist Christine McVie hinted she, singer Stevie Nicks and bass player John McVie won’t be touring with the band in the future.

When asked whether Fleetwood Mac’s current line-up – starring Stevie, Christine, Neil Finn, John Mcvie, Mike Campbell and Mick Fleetwood – would tour again, the Songbird star told Sounds of the 70s with Johnnie Walker: “That’s an impossible question to even answer.

“If we do, it would be without John and without Stevie, I think. I think I’m getting a bit too old for it now – especially having had a year off. I don’t know if I could get myself back into it again.

“I know Mick would do it in a lightning strike, but I couldn’t possibly say… We’re certainly not touring this year either.”

She did not reveal whether the trio would still record with the band.

Reflecting on founding member John’s apparent departure from the group, Christine added: “He’s feeling a little bit frail. You know, he was ill – he’s fine – but he just hasn’t got the heart for it anymore.

“He wants to get on his boat. You reach a certain age where you go, ‘Hey, I’m not gonna bust a gut doing this anymore.

“You know, it all looks very nice when you come and see the show, but the work that goes behind it to get to that point is unbelievable.”

Fleetwood Mac formed in 1967 and enjoyed success in the UK as a blues band, before heading stateside and, after a string of line-up changes, recruited Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks and released their self-titled 10th album.

That line-up, featuring Lindsey, Stevie, Christine, John and Mick went on to release 5 studio albums, including the record-breaking ‘Rumours’, ‘Tusk’ and ‘Tango In the Night’.

Lindsey quit in 1987 and was replaced by Billy Burnette and Rick Vito, who toured the album and recorded follow-up ‘Behind The Mask’.

Rick and Stevie later left, while a hybrid line-up promoted the album ‘Time, after which the classic five reunited for ‘The Dance’ and a subsequent tour.

Fleetwood Mac toured sans Christine from 2003 to 2013 as a four-piece, after which she returned for the 2014-2015 ‘On With the Show’ jaunt.

Lindsey left the band in 2018 and, through 2019, Neil Finn and Mike Campbell joined for another world tour.
that's the biggest shame of this line up of people. The fact that the last of those measly 5 albums was released in 1987.....and that they've basically been rehashing that material ever since.