View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just listened to the entire interview. When Mick begins discussing the hiring of Christine because she was a great musician, and that’s her being a woman didn’t factor into it, I was so pleased. And then Alec adds: “There is nobody who casts a spell on me like Christine McVie. I love her signing beyond belief. She does something to me I cannot my even describe...” RIGHT ON, Alec Baldwin!

Then, later, Alec talks about how much he love the Bob Welch-era albums, especially MYSTERY TO ME. He even cites (and plays) “Hypnotized.”

He doesn’t enthuse about Lindsey or Stevie in the same way. More generally, he mentions the collective achievement of the RUMOURS-era band, and the songs being everywhere. But he doesn’t talk about Stevie’s signing or cite any of their songs outside of the Tik Tok phenomenon.

I mention this only to remind all of us that there’s was so much more to this interview (including Mick’s interesting discussions of dyslexia and cocaine addiction).

Alec Baldwin is clearly a band fan. But he’s also a Christine (and Bob Welch) fan, and THAT’s worth mentioning!