View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Sure, we can debate Rolling Stone' magazine's content, but the list referenced and linked by the poster did not originate in Rolling Stone Magazine nor was it published in Rolling Stone Magazine. It was published in a UK magazine called Far Out.
yeah i was debating whether to put The Rolling Stones in the thread title or make it as short as possible and still informative, but thought having the actual article title and the link in the first post would help.

apparently some clicked on the link and read through the article but still missed stuff.

i thought some important and fantastic covers of The Rolling Stones were missed (Guns N' Roses anyone??), and like TrueFaith says, She Smiled Sweetly cover was from GOS1 days - which was far superior to the released SWS version, but i was still happy to see LB on this list. and i thought original GOS covers of She Smiled Sweetly was his best TRS cover, closely followed by The Singer Not The Song. i don't like his I Am Waiting cover, maybe because i don't really care for the song.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"