Thread: RIP Eddy Q.
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
C'mon now
PLEASE let Portugal have its pride. He co-wrote one of the Mac's biggest hits. He was married to the most fabulous Mac member. Marriage does come with equal rights you know. Let him shine in all his glory.

You cannot translate languages word by word. Clearly in the translation, it hinted he was a member. Its also something that makes him more relevant for those in Portugal to know who he was and the impact he had on the band. Chris was on fire during the Tango sessions and he was the reason why.
Credit where credit is due!

And now for my long distance dedication. May you rest in peace Eddy. It was a pleasure to watch you play and thank you for giving Christine some great years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urPCQpj28wk

that's what you got from my post?

I was simply commenting on the awkwardness of the translation into English. I know how it is said in Portuguese, but in English it'd be something like "the Portuguese songwriter" who was married to Christine McVie. In English the wording "The Portuguese" just sounds harsh. Like something your uncle who doesn't like foreigners would say.

I wasn't even going to address the part where they make him sound like he was actually a member of the band. I mean, if he was, then so was everyone else's spouse or partner.

History seems to show that Chris didn't necessarily have the best record when picking men.