View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And yet I still don't give Chris a pass for the firing of Lindsey. I never will. Sucking up after the fact just isn't enough. Nice try, though. Too bad you didn't save the day. Superwoman, indeed. Too little, too late. Her legacy is being a wuss!
I get your position but I don't think Christine haters realize the extent of the power she lost in the sixteen years she was absent. She rejoined a legacy corporation that enables her to play and sing her old songs with old friends. Those friends are really Mick and John and, to some extent, Stevie.

Even during the making of BuckVie and the press interviews that followed, she made a distinction between his being her musical collaborator and not someone she socializes with. She wants her cake and to eat it, too: creativity and friendship, but when push comes to shove one trumps the other...and that is loyalty to Mick.

Do I wish she had returned from England and said "Hell no." Absolutely. But, in reality, what would that have accomplished? She wanted to tour. Had she said "Not without Lindsey" the likelihood is that the whole engine would have crapped out. The decision between Stevie and Lindsey was Mick's to make and he made it for all-too obvious reasons. Yes, Christine went along with it out of fear and greed, but really, what would her resistance have accomplished? She is not networked with management the same way Stevie is, and she's still rambling on about how happy she was to return after 16 years. She simply doesn't have that "guiding hand" Stevie once said she had. That to me is sad. But I don't hate her and I don't think she's a wuss. I think she simply hitched her wagon to a trainwreck.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 03-23-2019 at 10:36 AM..