View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
Why is tearing down Ringo essential to Stevie's campaign to get in the RORHF? Maybe concentrate on why Def Leppard seems to be more popular than her?

Musical taste is completely subjective, but I don't think you can say Stevie's solo career is any better than his. He had just as many hits, which are still played on the radio, and at least he didn't fall into the eighties overproduction like Stevie. Her work in FM was better, as even she seems to acknowledge, by doing newer versions of those songs.
He wasn't really part of the 80s, and I'll take her hits over his any day. The only song I really like of his is It Don't Come Easy.

The point of him in the video is that he is in the rock and roll twice, so she should she be. There are people who are saying she should not get in twice.Her solo career is just as strong as his. She sold a lot more albums. My point is if he is in twice, so should she. Joe Walsh is in twice. There are many men in twice. She would be the first woman.She is getting a lot of criticism for even being nominated. It's complete bull****.

Stevie's real achievement is having a very successful solo career, while she was in Fleetwood Mac for almost 40 years.