View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy as I see it. And before anyone hits me with the hypocrisy of how they’ve bent over backwards for Stevie, I’ve long thought she should have been shown the door years ago and/or Fleetwood Mac be put on indefinite hiatus for Buckingham Fleetwood McVie. Didn’t happen. I also get that in the years since, the oldest member rejoined and the second oldest survived a cancer scare. And, I had to accept that they’re not doing anything called Fleetwood Mac without Stevie with LBCM. There’s an urgency, now. But then, hasn’t money trumped principle in Fleetwood Mac since Peter Green wanted to give all of their money away?

That said, not a word about the abbreviated version of “Gypsy” in 2014, but it’s somehow a big deal in 2018? It wasn’t as obvious now as it was then that it was shortened for TV?

As for them playing “The Chain” or anything Lindsey was involved with…Legitimate? In all my 23 years on the FM online community, I’ve never heard of anyone having an issue with any of them playing the song until now. It wasn’t an issue with Lindsey doing it in 1993, it wasn’t an issue with Stevie and Rick doing it in 1994, and there wasn’t an issue with Fleetwood Mac calling their 94-95 tour “Another Link In The Chain.” Nor was their ever an issue with Stevie doing her songs from “Tusk” or “Mirage” on her solo tours. Yes, I realize they have since reunited and subsequently gone their separate ways again, but it’s still just a song. What next? Are we going to be pissed that Bob Welch and Billy Burnette continued playing “Oh Well” as solo artists?

The only bad news that can be verified from Ellen is Stevie will still be yelling “And then” during the second verse of “The Chain.”

My biggest gripe is that people think they can accurately judge the new lineup by one singular performance.

THE Stephen Hopkins