View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 05:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

34. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, B- or C+ = This movie is the hardest movie to rate. It’s not really bad but it’s not that good either. It’s serviceable. The problem is the plot. Every time they need to find something to continue on their journey through space, they conveniently find it. The solutions to their problems are so convenient and totally unreal. I know this is a Star Wars movie but there has to be some tension and believability. It sort of seems like an outline for a movie.Also, there are a ton of cameos in this movie and it seems like the movie relies on nostalgia too much. Plus, they give characters some love interests to add emotion but we don’t care about these people.
Now for the good. It’s a beautiful movie to look at and there are many different worlds they explore. Lots of big important questions get answered. The special effects are great and so is the action. But this isn’t a movie I would want to watch again and again and a Star Wars movie, it’s close to the bottom of my list. It’s on par with Solo.

Last edited by Jondalar; 12-21-2019 at 06:32 PM..