View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think a lot of it is the ticket prices and lack of proper promotion (at least so far). The prices are the highest they've ever been for any of their tours which is just ridiculous. And aside from the CBS interview, they hardly done any press to let people know tickets are even on sale. Maybe they're avoiding press so people won't notice the elephant in the room or maybe they don't plan on doing it until much closer to the shows but I don't think that's the smartest tactic for them. If they want to start selling some more they need to make a price drop and then actually PROMOTE that. However I do agree the Lindsey situation probably has quite a bit to do with it. I was kinda surprised by all the negative backlash. I thought most people wouldn't even really care because they just want to hear hits and they can do that with or without him but there's been soooooo much negativity about it online. Even casual fans were like "wtf".
Because as they've gotten old, Lindsey BECAME the show. The only one still rocking out on stage. Old Goat's Her Name put on her Frankenbocks, and he was still OWNING the stage like he was 20.

The promoter I work with...I would call a casual fan, but he has taken his wife to the past couple tours. He's no Lindsey fanatic, but he says, "Lindsey IS the show, and now that he's out, I'm done. I'm not wasting my money on 'that'".

I agree.