Thread: In the skies
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoot View Post
I call bull. I know Celmins is a good writer and researcher, but that's Snowy there on a lot more of the lead lines than what's being cited or credited. Not sure why Celmins didn't dig a little deeper on this, or would leave it at that. White is a fantastic guitarist, and knew how to emulate the "Green sound" to boot. His playing style also happens to be similar to Green's to begin with, much as Doodyhead and others have noted elsewhere.
interesting snoot! i recall in this forum a while back, maybe more than a year, there was some agreement that the credits on the original us vinyl in the skies were probably reasonable (snowy lead on slabo day, snowy lead on in the skies, the rest pete). you wouldn't be willing to go out on a limb and suggest which others you think are snowy?

credits notwithstanding , a great record.

in a happy coincidence, i recently bought another vinyl copy of in the skies my original getting kind of worn. i went to play it the other day and theres a poster with quotes by pete townsend, rick fenn! bizarre... zero