View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It would have been even more stale if Lindsey had been there.

LOL! Hardly. Fleetwood Mac won’t be the biggest thing they’re remembered for, unlike Billy and Rick. There is a lot more potential with them.

Again, how would that have been different with Lindsey? If anything, that would have applied even more so. And, Mike most definitely doesn’t wear the same thing night after night.

With Stevie and Mike on stage together, it would have been weirder if they hadn’t said something. And anyway, Tom played a Fleetwood Mac song for years, so it seems appropriate.

It was more interesting early on for me. The Louisville show will probably go down as my favorite Fleetwood Mac show ever. Just hearing Christine actually solo on a few songs was worth it.
After seeing the Boston show last night, I can faithfully say it was WEIRD. I have seen every Mac/Stevie/Lindsey show in the Boston area since 97. This byfar was the most depressing incarnation.

I was actually pumped up to see Stevie/Christine. I was going into it as "well this is the last time you're gunna see a few of these guys so you better go." But as The Chain started, there was a GLARING absence. Obviously, this was a personal issue. Plenty of fans didn't even realize Lindsey was missing. The couple behind us were discussing it, saying "they were all together the last time they were here. They had just started touring."

It was sad. The whole night all I could think about was Lindsey being gone. It just didn't seem right.

Stevie was a mess. Her ear monitors were all messed up for probably the first 5-10 songs. You could tell she was tired. Rightfully so after her Induction ceremony.

While I couldn't bring myself to not go, there was just such an obvious void for me. I thought the whole time about what they did to Lindsey and how they couldn't make it work. It seemed like he had never existed and that Mike/Neil had always been there. No offense to either of these guys, they surely hold their own, but it just didn't seem appropriate in this context.

To your point Steve, I will reiterate, there was no deep cut that "did it" for me. Isn't it Midnight could have done it, but that is a lost dream.

One interesting point, after World Turning, John McVie walked up to a microphone and introduced Mick. I almost fell over, probably the most shocking point of the night.

Again, was it a bad show? No. Was it weird? Yes. One fan said he "entered with trepidation" and I agree with that statement. I was actually expecting to have a good time, but there was a malaise of sadness I simply could not get over. I did enjoy a few numbers: "The Chain, Little Lies, Everywhere, and even Say You Love Me" were all strong.

My mother, who is a huge Lindsey fan and was with me, couldn't get over his absence.