View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 02:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
Damn straight, 'dansven' had the ammo that a kid that was born just under one year after PG left FM didn't!! Thank you 'dansven'! Your Kirwan worship is annoying. I love him as a member, but you have to be kidding in your comparisons to PG. I have the boots, and I have the pro live recordings, it's just not there. Not even when Green left, Kirwan doesn't come close to Green as a soloist.

For dansven, is the Toe Fat material still available? I know the Memphis Slim album is.

I lied?? I couldn't let this one go.
Yep, that Kirwan obsession is annoying. He was great, but why to try pit him against Greeny? He was a pupil, a kid, in awe of Peter.
I'll say: Just from listening evidence (oh, maybe CIA doctored the live tapes :), Greeny was on fire to the end of his tenure with Mac. Listen to the Boston Tea tapes, listen to the London gig from April 1970 (AFTER Munich, remember).
It's frighteningly imaginative playing. The fact that Danny has lots of space on Then Play On was more a case of generosity on somone's part than burn-out. How many guitar heroes give over half their new album to a protegée? Danny's songs are fine, but immature. He wrote far better material for Kiln House, Future Games and Bare Trees. His disctinctive vibrato can be heard on his own songs, Oh Well and the Madge jams. The Madge jams are a good example for those who have trouble telling the styles apart. Not pointing any fingers, of course