Thread: NME article
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoot View Post
I'm not referring specifically to the Munich affair Daniel, as I have never believed that alone accounts for Green's wigging out, and eventual quitting of the game.
Ok, sorry I got it wrong there.

Quote:
Part of this contention and even confusion stems from misinterpretations - or lack of specifics - in the descriptions we all use. When I say hit n miss, I'm above all else referring to his mental state, more than his playing state. Now as in the past.
... and I got you wrong again.

Quote:
...but IMO what happened to PG was inevitable with or without Munich, as it was a long time coming.
Yes, I totally agree!

Quote:
dansven: Feeling limited and wanting to move on musically!

Not so sure, unless he was more messed up in his head than is already generally accepted. He and Danny in particular were blazing new and fertile ground, they were moving further away from their original blues rock core, and already had an additional project in the works.
I wasn't thinking of Danny here. As you say, Danny was really creative and expanding at that time (however, in a different direction than Peter). And the two had plans for the instrumental album. Peter once said that Danny was the only other creative member of the group at that time. I was rather thinking about the other members.. who I think didn't have the will or ability to follow Peter.
So Peter set Danny's songs and output highly.
If there ever was an issue with Peter and Danny, I'd say that perhaps their personalities didn't match all that well at the end.

Thanks for the great comments, Snoot!
I would love to go on, but must go to bed now.