View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Maybe Neil didn't crank it up bc they're not his songs.
When I saw them do his song I Got You, he did this weird tag game with Stevie and I couldn't wait for the song to end.

Some folks on this platform think they're the be all and end all of everything FM. Send in your application to Stubner and sheryl louis already, right?
yeah on other forums i saw a number of posts from Neil Finn fans who hated his turn with FM, felt he was muzzled and not anything like what they love about him live, and they couldn't wait for him to go on the road on his own terms. i was looking forward to I Got You and like you said, it was totally butchered. Neil's turn with Mac definitely soured CH and SE for a good number of people. hope the money and a few more people hearing his name was worth it to him.

haha re some folks offering themselves up for jobs in mac PR. i had the same thought reading some of those posts, especially when someone is twisting themselves into pretzels and throwing away any shreds of credibility trying to prove something they cannot really believe to be true.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"