Thread: It Takes Time
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
It's a really beautiful song, though that's possibly become my favourite off the EP.
It's definitely my favorite as well, by a long shot. Sad Angel & Miss Fantasy are fine, but a little too pop for my tastes. Without You should have been left in the vault; it's from another era & deserved the right to remain there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Aren't Songbird and Beautiful Child piano balladsto name just a couple that spring to mind.
Songbird is without a doubt a piano ballad. But the production of the song just puts it into a class all of it's own where it transcends that label, IMO. The way Songbird was recorded during 1 live take and the distant/echoey auditorium sound kinda makes the song it's own animal, in my eyes. Like Mick said, Songbird is Christine's little prayer.

Beautiful Child does have some promiment piano licks, but I wouldn't really consider it a piano ballad. It's more multideminsional than that- it has gorgeous guitar parts & lush folk-style harmonies as well.