Thread: It Takes Time
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
So I thought I'd start a thread on this song for a couple of reasons. Mainly, it's wholly unlike anything we've ever heard from Lindsey... or from Fleetwood Mac for that matter. A piano ballad?! This is a shocking departure for the our band!

But more than anything, WHO is it that's playing the piano? Does the iTunes download include liner notes? I've never known Lindsey, Mick, or John to be able to play piano to that extent. I do recall Lindsey playing piano while he & Stevie worked out their harmonies for Angel during the Tusk Documentary. But from what I remember, it was mostly rudimentary chords he was playing. We know Stevie can barely clank away on a piano like a 6 year old. So who was it that laid down that beautiful piano track? Surely Christine didn't have anything to do with this when she was stateside?

All I do know about It Takes Time is that I very much enjoy it. Lindsey pulled a rabbit out of his hat that I totally could not have foreseen, and it gives me hope that there is still new ground for Fleetwood Mac to explore.
Love the other three songs. Loathe this one. IMO it doesn't fit well on a 'band' release.