View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
I think the ledge has documented over the years lots of proof she was Obsessed with him until 2003 or so. They carried on with an affair during The Dance and shortly after Lindsey was to become a father she had a break down during a Fleetwood Mac concert singing Silver Springs. Her songs elude toward the affair as do Lindseys. The actual official relationship in 1976 was over but she continued to obsess over him through the years. He Threw her Down and said it was forever over in 1997/98. She held out hope a little while but seeing him at the Music Cares, happy, family man, with kids and youthful looking wife, everything she wanted with him but couldn't have because of her career, it was the last straw. He flaunted his happiness in front of her and it got her goat.
I think the only "obsession" that was there, since 1977 or so, was when they were on-stage, playing up some fake romance for fans for $$$$.

I am truly convinced that Nicks was way too busy having a gazillion love affairs (speaking of well-documented) with her producers and musicians and musicians from other bands and that Nicks and Lindsey B ( with his own long-term relationships after that break up) never even thought of each other when they weren't on tour. Even in the studio they were largely not spending time at the same time at the place.

I am equally convinced that the only songs they ever wrote about one another were on Rumours and that their later work is about different lovers/ experiences than each other but, because Rumours was SUCH a $$$$ maker, they, for safety of income's and fame's sake, stayed with spinning fake song background tales and playing up that proven success formula. Fear of failure and greed are powerful motivators.

Nicks and Lindsey have not REALLY been about one another ever since that Rumours tour ended. Except maybe occasionally, when they HAD to deal with each other because of business, with mutual distrust and loathing. I am 100% convinced. Always have been, even back then.

And I will NEVER buy that during The Dance they had anything but the dusting-off of that old stage act for dollars. I mean. Seriously.