View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
According to my Time Out New York, anyone who buys a pair of tickets to see Lindsey live on this tour will receive a complimentary copy of Gift of Screws.

Verbatim on the quarter page ad in TONY (yay!):

As a special offer, online ticket purchasers are entitled to receive one complimentary copy of Lindsey Buckingham's new album Gift of Screws for each pair of tickets ordered for any of Lindsey's '08 North American tour dates.

Interesting way to get the album into the hands of people who may be going just to hear "Go Your Own Way" or what have you. And also a good way to get some extra tickets sold, I think. It's always more enticing to buy something when you get something free!
I think Prince was the first artist to do something like this a few years ago, include a copy of his latest with a ticket purchase to one of his shows... Billboard had to change the way they counted cd's sold for him because of it - technically when they bought a ticket they were also buying a copy of the cd. While his tickets were being sold to shows his cd was high up on the billboard 200, but as soon as the tickets stopped selling and it went back to relying on cds sold through stores etc., it dropped pretty quick... but yeah, it got his music into the hands of his fans, which was the point... and some nice placements on billboard too. A good idea as far as I'm concerned!