View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 06:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Oh he's bailed her out on MANY of her solo songs over the years. Even her hero, Tom, admitted in an interview (I think in her Behind the Music actually) that LB is "still her best producer" and that he (Tom) would be struggling to figure out something on one of her songs and then she'd ask LB for help and he'd say do this, this, and that and Tom would hear LB's ideas and go "Oh, of course" (his words). She HATES that, until she's stuck and Tom or Dave can't figure it out and then she asks his help.

I love when she says NOW how she and Chris had some pact about never letting men in the biz push them around and walking into a room all 'fierce' or whatever, but if you go back and listen to a lot of her old interviews it's not that at ALL. In one of her Bella Donna interviews she talks about dating JD and Don and being around the Eagles and how she learned very quickly "they were not interested in my career or FM at all" and that her strategy was to be "very quiet and unassuming around them and just trick them to death" ie charm them into helping her etc. Not very feminist if you ask me. And she's said a TON of sh*t like that over the years. I mean, jeebus, she let Jimmy push her downstairs into his basement to hide her away from Tom and she put up with it. WTF??
please tell me what you referred to regarding Jimmy pushing jher into a basement.