Thread: MacNuggets
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Nashville Scene from comedian Chris Crofton's Advice Column]

POSTED BY THE CREAM ON TUE, OCT 20, 2015 AT 9:00 AM

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashvi...spend-my-money

Dear Advice King,

It seems the “sexy witch” look is in, and I could not be more displeased. My fiancée has taken to shopping at a certain women's clothing store in the Gulch and is always coming home with shawls, crystals, tusks on chains and tops that resemble some sort of unusual poncho. She models them for me, asking my opinion. How do I politely tell her she looks like a Stevie Nicks knockoff from the cover of Rumours? Thanks.

-Jonathan in Germantown

Is this true? I was just in Nashville. Seemed like everybody was still dressed like the cast of A Fistful of Dollars.*

Has she changed her personality to match her clothes? Is she burning incense and giving your neighbors tarot readings? She says the readings are free “for now,” because she’s “not that good at it yet”? Her friend Sally gets 12 death cards in a row and she’s like, “Don’t worry! That can just mean it’s harvest time!”**

Is she using divining rods? Some of Fleetwood Mac’s greatest hits are about dowsing. “Go Your Own Way” is about a dowsing disagreement between Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks over which direction more cocaine was.