Thread: Crush
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
The video version of the Live From The Roxy show has only been officially released on laser disc.
This may really boarder on minutia, but technically, it was RCA SelectaVision CED (Capacitance Electronic Disc) Video Disc. It's not really a laser disc. It was a consumer video format on grooved vinyl discs that was marketed by RCA in the 1980's. They had the same resolution as a typical VHS tape.

I found this out the hard way about six weeks ago when I bought one after I found "Live At The Roxy" the "Tusk" documentary, the "Mirage" video, and the Beatles' "Let It Be." (Guess which disc was the most exensive!) It's interesting, but the discs or players have a nasty habbit of skipping. The picture quality isn't great, either.

But, at least I finally got to see "Roxy." It was okay. I was a bit bummed that there wasn't at least ONE song with the "Mystery" band in full, or ONE song that just featured the six who were actually in Fleetwood Mac at some point. Oh well. It's still interesting for any Mac fan. The video makes me wish Fleetwood Mac would have kept playing old Christine songs (esp. "Remember Me"). I will say that the member of the "Rumours" band who looked the best was, and I'm as surprised by this as anyone, Mick Fleetwood

THE Stephen Hopkins