View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
It looks like this Christmas is going to be bad for most people I know mostly due to lack of money. Some have been laid off or just don't have any money to buy Chtistmas presents. Everyone seems unhappy and sick of being poor. The economy doesn't seem to have recovered yet. I can't believe how miserable people are this year.
This is all very dependent upon what part of the country one lives in. The Denver area in Colorado is doing very well, and never really had a recession, which I attribute to various things, but that's more a political discussion.

I hope things look up for you and yours, soon! Merry Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
I live in the Pittsburgh area and we didn't get hit too bad here with unemployment thank goodness. Its nuts there are so many tech companies here and they cant find qualified people. I have different places calling me every single day for QA jobs. I tell everybody I know get to get into the IT field its like healthcare there are always jobs.
Denver, too. Technology, medical, science, engineering, luxury food and zillions of new restaurants, organic farms, clothing boutiques, craft beer, even craft ice cream - everything is doing incredibly well here! There are cranes all over the skyline, new rail lines, new skyscrapers, new neighborhoods - it's really quite amazing.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case